Guardian Shrine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SHUGO CHARA FANSITE

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amu Hinamori
Head Shrine Guardian
Amu Hinamori

Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Empty
PostSubject: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Talk about Card Captor Sakura here!
Back to top Go down
https://guardian-shrine.forumotion.com
Amulet_Heart
Shugo Tama
Amulet_Heart

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Favorite character: Tomoyo Daidouji.

Favorite Pairings: Sakura/Syaoran, Tomoyo/Eriol

I've loved CCS since it aired on WB Kids as Cardcaptors! It was one of the first official manga I read as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Amu Hinamori
Head Shrine Guardian
Amu Hinamori

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:05 pm

Oh I love Tomoyo-chan as well! But I like the TRC Tomoyo a little more. Anyway, my favorite CCS characters would have to be Tomoyo, Toya, and Kero-chan. LOL
Back to top Go down
Amulet_Heart
Shugo Tama
Amulet_Heart

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Goodness, I do love Kero! Very Happy He's always hilarious. And I like his spats with Syaoran.

And this reminds me that one of my first ever fanfictions was CCS. It was completely horrible and I wasn't going to finish it until someone randomly messaged me and told me to finish it. I was so surprised!! So I finished it for him. XD Because he really wanted an ending!!

But the ending was actually pretty good. XD
Back to top Go down
Amu Hinamori
Head Shrine Guardian
Amu Hinamori

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:21 am

Haha I've written a bunch of fanfictions but the only ones that ever got finished are the oneshots. LOL
Back to top Go down
Amulet_Heart
Shugo Tama
Amulet_Heart

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:07 am

Ah! This was also the first manga I read that I was rooting for a yaoi couple!

TouyaxYukito forever!!!!
Back to top Go down
Liddo-kun
Batsu Tama
Liddo-kun

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:31 am

Amulet_Heart wrote:

I've loved CCS since it aired on WB Kids as Cardcaptors! It was one of the first official manga I read as well. Smile

Oh, have you seen the original series?
Or you've seen only Cardcaptors?

Warning: Terrible rant ahead

Read what I have to say only if you are a fan of the original japanese.
Sensitive people are advised not to read past the line.

Cardcaptors is a very heavily edited version of the great anime series Cardcaptor Sakura (CCS). Only 1/3 of the original episodes were aired, 2/3 were never shown because Li wasn't in those episodes. All hints of sexual relationship have been removed. Kero's corner reviewing Sakura's costume for the day or what someone has worn for that day was also edited out.

The series was so messed up because of the removed episodes and the order of the episodes shown were also completely rearranged!!

Episode 01 was originally episode 08
Episode 03 was originally episode 17!!!
Episode 04 was originally episode 13!!!
Episode 05 was orignally episode 09!!!
Episode 15 was orignally episode 36!!!
Episode 16 was orignally episode 03!!!

Any sane person would understand what all that rearranging and editing results to.. Cardcaptors is a plot holes festival!!!

I laugh at it to scorn, and I dare say that it is an abomination among anime.
Back to top Go down
http://z9.invisionfree.com/DiGiChart_World/index.php?showtopic=2
Amu Hinamori
Head Shrine Guardian
Amu Hinamori

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Yeah, I know, Liddo-kun. I used to watch Cardcaptors when it was on TV, but that was a long time ago. A couple years ago, I watched Card Captor Sakura, which is way better.

I believe Amulet Heart has watched CCS, and not only CC, because in CC, the names were changed. She probably wouldn't know about their Japanese names if she hadn't seen the original. In fact, while I'm at it, I might as well make a list...

Sakura (SAH-koo-rah) Kinomoto - Sakura (suh-CORE-uh) Avalon
Toya Kinomoto - Tori Avalon
Fujitaka Kinomoto - Aiden Avalon
Nadeshiko Kinomoto - Natasha Avalon
Tomoyo Daidouji - Madison Taylor
Sonomi Daidouji - Samantha Taylor
Yukito Tsukishiro - Julien Star
Kero-chan (KEH-roh) - Kero (KEER-oh)
Syaoran Li - Li Showron
Meiling Li - Meilin Rae
Rika Sasaki - Rita
Naoko Yanagisawa - Nikki
Chiharu Mihara - Chelsea
Takashi Yamazaki - Zachary Marker
Yoshiyuki Terada - Mr. Terata
Kaho Mizuki - Layla Mackenzie
Cerberus - Cerberus
Clow (rhymes with "glow") Reed - Clow (rhymes with "cow") Reed
Yue - Yue
Suppi - Spinner Sun
Eriol Hiiragizawa - Eli
Nakuru Akizuki - Ruby Moon
Ruby Moon - Ruby Moon
Spinel Sun - Spinner Sun
Maki Matsumoto - Maggie

Er... So as you can see, some very pointless changes were made in the Cardcaptors dub. LOL I mean come on. "Zachary Marker"... Seriously...?
Back to top Go down
Liddo-kun
Batsu Tama
Liddo-kun

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 am

@Amu Hinamori

I already know about the name changes, they're tolerable in my opinion.
What really bothered me was the numerous scenes cut, and the rearranging of episodes.
Back to top Go down
http://z9.invisionfree.com/DiGiChart_World/index.php?showtopic=2
Amu Hinamori
Head Shrine Guardian
Amu Hinamori

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:51 pm

I know you know about the name changes, but I put them up there in case some people do not. I hate the name changes, because it makes the show too... American. It is NOT American, no matter how much the dubbers wish it was!!! Geez!

Anyway I do agree about the scene changes and cuts. They are horrible, and the make the show ridiculously hard to follow and understand. Changing the story of anything (be it a tv show, book, movie, play, comic, etc.) is just plain wrong, no matter what the country of origin or how much cultural reference is in it! There is just no reason for people in one country to be completely unexposed to other cultures... It's just wrong. People SHOULD be able to learn about other people's ways of life, if they want to! That includes learning such things by watching anime.

Anyway this is getting a bit off topic, so let's just stick to chatting about the GOOD version (Card Captor Sakura) and leave the debates and complaints about dubs and such to another place/time.
Back to top Go down
Amulet_Heart
Shugo Tama
Amulet_Heart

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Ha ha ha. When I was a kid, I watched Cardcaptors and had no idea how awful it actually was in comparison to the REAL version.

But a few years later, I found the original manga and read that. Then, I went and watched some episodes of the CCS anime (but I haven't watched them all - it's REALLY long!) Plus I went fanfiction happy and started reading all the GOOD fanfiction about CCS, not the OC stuff (though admittedly, some of that is good...)

Oh, I own the 2nd Cardcaptor Sakura movie! *_* It's so adorable~! ((Though the first one was BORING. @_@))

And I can actually WATCH the 2nd movie in ENGLISH! Because they keep their Japanese names. Smile ((I hate name changes - WAY too much for my own good.))

But I agree. When I found out that they cut episodes from the original nd reordered them... That's HORRID!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)   Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Captor Sakura (CLAMP)
Page 1 of 1